The college believes in providing a holistic guidance to its students. It aims to establish a happy cohabitation of all its stakeholders in serving the nation and its young minds. It cherishes to train its students to become globally competitive and believes in the humanistic and developmental possibilities which education imparts. As a result, the institute has its own variety of ethical and professional standards which are upheld and adhered by its members.
Code of Conduct for Teachers
Teachers are the key to unlock the unexplored and hidden potentials of an educational institute. They must adhere to certain democratic, professional and ethical standards. A
- Carry out the legitimate academic and administrative decisions taken by the college authorities and its parent University body pertaining to his/her sphere of responsibility/duties.
- Not discriminate against a student on political grounds for reasons of race, religion, caste, language, gender or for other reason of an arbitrary or personal nature.
- Not incite students/ teachers against other students or other teachers, colleagues or administration/Governing body of the College. Such biases are offensive to the ethical environment of the institute and would incite strict measures.
- Carry out all allotted academic, administrative and institutional duties and responsibilities.
- Not remain absent from duty without proper sanction of leave except in case of emergency. Emergency situations must be communicated to the authorities in writing with proper justification and relevant document/proofs.
- Refrain from undertaking any other employment and commitment including private tuitions and coaching classes which are likely to interfere with their professional responsibilities.
- Co-operate in the formulation of policies of the institution by accepting various offices and discharge responsibilities which such case/s may demand.
- Co-operate with the authorities for the betterment of the college keeping in mind the interest and in conformity with dignity of the profession.
Code of Conduct for Employees
All employees of the institute are pivotal to the growth and development of a reputed institute. They provide life and light to the institute and are the veins of its capacity building potential. They are expected to:
- Be devoted and updated to meet their service needs from time to time as adaptability is the key to survival.
- Maintain integrity, objectivity and impartial perspective at all times. Accountability, openness and leadership are the bedrocks which must be preserved at all cost.
- Must not be absent without sanctioned leave except under emergency situations; and must try to provide prior information of circumstances under which an unsanctioned/ priory uninformed leave is availed.
- Must act with decency, be responsible and maintain political neutrality.
- Keep away from demonstrations and events organized by political or religious organizations.
- Refrain themselves and their family from joining any organization/community that is involved in subversive/criminal activities and is a threat to the democratic spirit of our state.
- Must encourage value systems, innovative excellence and positivity among the students.
- Must be receptive and open to new ideas and challenges. Freedom of thought, mind and expression must be promoted among all the stakeholders.
Code of Conduct for Students
Students are required to follow strictly the rules and regulations of the college.
- Students must pay due regards to all employees of the college.
- Loitering in corridors is strictly prohibited.
- Students should extend their co-operation to keep the college clean.
- Students must maintain silence in the classrooms, corridors and examination halls.
- Total silence should be observed in the library.
- Writing, painting and sticking posters on the college walls are strictly prohibited. Only poster boards are to be used for that purpose.
- Boys are not permitted to enter into the girls’ common room.
- In case of class attendance, University rules shall be strictly followed.
- Absence during the classes, tests and discussions without prior information would be treated as misconduct.
- The students are to approach Grievance Redressal Cell of the College office in case of any difficulty faced by them.
- Breach of College discipline in the classrooms / corridors / examination hall by any student will invite strong disciplinary action.
- Talking or whispering in the class room is strictly forbidden when the lecture is being delivered.
- Late coming to the class is forbidden beyond the usual 2 to 3 minutes’ gap between two periods.
- During the leisure period, Students must not loiter on the corridor but shall go to their common room or library and utilise their leisure profitably.
- Use of mobile phone inside classrooms is not allowed.
- Parking cycle in the courtyard is strictly prohibited.