Sports and Cultural Activities
"A sound mind in a sound body" - It is absolutely necessary to complement studies with sports and other hobbies. For the wholesome development of our young students, the college regularly puts together various sports and cultural programmes. Besides, students are also encouraged to participate in inter college and district level events. Our students enthusiastically participate in events like:
- West Bengal State University Inter College Athletic Meet, Football, Chess, Table tennis, Badminton tournaments.
- 'District level Mock Youth Parliament' organized by Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, Govt. of West Bengal.
- Intra college annual sports competition organized by Students' Union with events like Long Jump, Shortput, 100m/200m Race, Cricket, Football, Carom, Table tennis etc.
- Intra college annual cultural competition organized by Students' Union with events like 'Rabindra Sangeet', 'Najrul Geeti', Poetry writing, Drawing, Debate, 'Antakshari' and many more.
- It is worth mentioning that our students have won several awards at these events like Winner in District level Mock Youth Parliament in 2008-09 & 2010-11; 'Best Opposition Leader' in 2008-09; Winner in Inter-college Table Tennis Championship 2009, etc.